First Day of School

This morning went off without a hitch! She woke up all smiles and wanted lots of hugs and kisses so nothing was out of the normal there. She ate her breakfast and brushed her teeth. She got dressed in her uniform she picked out the night before and came happily bopping in to get her hair done. She grabbed her water bottle out of the refrigerator and stopped at the door to ask me to take her picture before she grabbed her backpack.


I looked around for my camera that was on the ledge and it was GONE! Ack! OK...no worries. I grabbed my cell phone and shot 2 quick pictures as we headed out. So ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure I present to you:


My Little Schoolgirl!





When we got to her new school we parked and walked in. She immediately went over to her new teacher and gave her a big hug, hung up her backpack, sorted out her cubby and signed in. She took the red crayon out of the cup and wrote her first name and then took the purple crayon out and wrote her last name. She explained to me this was so they knew her name was 2 words and not just one. She then introduced herself to another little girl, told her they could be friends and then went to work on one of the computers in the room. As I was getting ready to leave she gave me a hug and kiss and told me she would see me tonight.

Huh...guess my work was done! She didn't need me to stick around at all. She was ready to go and get started on her new adventure and my supervision and help were not required. It made me giggle a bit on the way out to my car. She has always been a confident child and has never been nervous in new settings, she just takes a leap and has at it. I like to think I have something to do with this and her confidence but I think all kids are just born how they are and we as parents just help to guide them based on that. She is just naturally outgoing and confident. She likes new challenges and seeks to make friends no matter when or where. I take comfort in knowing this and it really makes me feel good. She will be fine in life because she knows how to adjust and adapt.

Today my baby girl started real school (well Pre-K, but at a real school...not daycare) and she stood on her own two feet just fine. I am swelling with pride and satisfaction. :c)

3 comments:

SuzyQSparkles said...

sweet!

The Apron Queen said...

What a ham you have. She's adorable. Don't blink or she'll be graduating from HS. :)

Confessions of an Apron Queen

Heather said...

The Water Bottle makes the outfit :P A was looking at the pics and commented "we are like twins!"
I am so glad that you found her a place in the school!